Friday, April 11, 2008

2008 Cambodian New Year's in Long Beach



Well its that time of year again where all the Southeast Asians (Khmer, Laos, Thais, etc.) are celebrating their annual new year. This year the 2008 Cambodia Town parade took place on Sunday, April 6, 2008 in Central Long Beach. The only problem was I did not show up for this event like I usually do to support the Khmer community. I guess you can say it was due to laziness or because I've been there since it first started and got bored of it. Its like going to Disneyland for the first time and you get so awed but then when you live in Anahiem, CA, you just want to avoid the congestions and crowds. This weekend, April 12th and 13th is going to be non stop partying for the Khmer people in Long Beach. I could count over 10 locations where parties are being held.. but like the annual Khmer new years parade... I'm really not in the mood to party to much. Already party my butt of for 6 months straight and now I just want to slow down. I'm sure the annual parade was a blast and the upcoming El Dorado Park picnic/meeting is going to go good also. If I don't show up to the parties and park this weekend I wish my friends/families/associates a happy Khmer New Years.

No comments: